General Terms & Conditions
Course registration by mail (registration card) or online
You have two options for registering your desired courses in writing: either by sending the enclosed form or by e-mail/website. Your registration is binding and will be confirmed either by e-mail (please include your address!) or by mail. If the course is fully booked, you will be informed immediately. To register online, click on the desired course on our website www.lassalle-haus.org under "Courses and Events". If you register by e-mail or via the website, you will receive confirmation within 48 hours.
Cancellations or rebookings later than
30 days prior to course start 20% and
15 days prior to course start 50% and
3 days prior to course start 100% of the total amount will be charged incl. room and board. Cancellation is free of charge for you in the event that we can fill your spot otherwise.
We assume that you are participating in the entire course and are staying overnight at the house. Costs for meals not taken during the course, late arrival or early departure will not be reimbursed. Travel and training courses are subject to special conditions.
Payment modes and costs
You will receive your invoice at the end of the course and can pay it in cash, by card (EC-Direct, Maestro, Postcard) or by bank transfer. Bank details:
Zuger Kantonalbank, Zug,
IBAN: CH23 0078 7000 0702 4950 9, BIC SWIFT: KBZGCH22
Room & board costs
Prices are CHF 150 for single room with shower/WC, CHF 110 for single room with washbasin (shower on the floor) and include breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Depending on availability of the Solidarity Fund, students receive a 40% reduction on boarding and course fees. Persons with low income (recipients of social benefits and supplementary benefits, unemployed persons, disabled persons) receive a 20% reduction on boarding and course fees. The entitlement to a reduction must be made at the latest at the time of booking and will be checked afterwards. Travel and training courses are excluded from this regulation.
We are happy to respond to your special needs. Please let us know when you register. For special meals we charge an additional CHF 5 per meal.
Special and individual programmes
Additional information on the various courses such as daily schedule, learning objectives, detailed information on content etc. can be found on our website www.lassalle-haus.org. In most cases you can also download the respective course flyer as a PDF file.
To enable you to purchase cash-free stamps, cards, books, drinks and snacks, you can request a form on which you can write down your withdrawals and pay at reception before departure.
The room is at your disposal from 4 pm on the day of arrival and until 10 am on the day of departure.
Despite tightly calculated prices, our courses can be unaffordable for people living in difficult circumstances. For such cases we have set up a special fund. If you wish to pay a contribution to our solidarity fund, we are very grateful on behalf of the persons affected. In this case, please use the following bank information.
Postfinance: CH90 0900 0000 8001 6704 6 BIC-SWIFT: POFICHBEXXX
For donations in Euros: Raiffeisenbank Menzingen, IBAN-No:
CH1281457000000398603, SWIFT-Code: RAIFCH22XXX
Legacy and donations
Lassalle-Haus tries to keep the prices low in order to enable as many people as possible to attend a course and also offers help, guidance and refuge to numerous people. As a non-profit institution, the house cannot be self-supporting, but is also dependent on larger donations. Perhaps you have already considered supporting Lassalle-Haus with a donation in the form of a legacy. Your donations are exempt from gift and inheritance taxes. We would like to express our sincere thanks!
As a patron, you express your special commitment to our house and regularly support our work. You will be invited to the annual summer event for patrons and to the gatherings held twice a year geared at discussing current issues.
Withdrawal by Lassalle-Haus
In the interest of other guests, Lassalle-Haus may exclude guests who do not adhere to the rules of Lassalle-Haus and its house rules from participating in a course or staying at Lassalle-Haus. Lassalle-Haus may also withdraw from the contract under following conditions:
- a) There is good reason to assume that a course participant endangers the orientation of the house i.e. place of silence, the safety or the reputation of the house or its guests.
- b) Lassalle-Haus detects that course participation has been booked with misleading or false statements of essential facts or for a purpose other than that stated.
Lassalle-Haus shall declare withdrawal as soon as it becomes aware of such justifiable reasons and inform the guest immediately. The guest may not enforce claims for damages against Lassalle-Haus in any of the aforementioned events.
- The participant is liable for all damages and losses incurred to Lassalle-Haus by them. Proof of fault is not required. Lassalle-Haus may require the participant to provide proof of appropriate securities (e.g. insurance, deposits, sureties).
- Lassalle-Haus shall not be liable for theft or damage to objects brought in by the course participant. This also pertains to vehicles parked on the parking lots.
- Furthermore, Lassalle-Haus shall not be liable for intent and gross negligence.
- Place of performance and payment is the domicile of Lassalle-Haus.
- Place of jurisdiction is Zug. Swiss law shall apply to the exclusion of conflict of laws provisions.
- Should individual clauses of these General Terms and Conditions be invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining clauses. The invalid provision shall be replaced by a permissible provision which corresponds as closely as possible to the meaning and purpose of the invalid provision. Otherwise, the Swiss Code of Obligations shall apply.